Jedgar says: >if i may be allowed to invoke this stodgy ole' bearded guy, although in
>this instance - '18th brumaire' - he's at his most postmodern (after
>all, gotta try to make marx fashionable)...

I know that Michael is (probably) kidding, but what Marx is doing in the Brumaire bit
is working at a much lower level of abstraction than in the Manfesto or CAPITAL. It's
not postmodern as much as empirically-oriented. As far as I can tell, postmodernism
involves the rejection of the idea of "working at different levels of abstraction" and
a tendency to work at only an empirical level and rejecting Marx's abstract analysis
(while using pretty abstract language). As usual, I wait to be corrected. ("all I know
is that I know nothing" -- Socrates.)

Jim D.