Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [PEN-L] Mark Jones Was Right

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Comment

There are not too many people on earth and one has to examine the source of their thinking.  When challenged to define the carrying capacity of the earth, what we end up talking about is economics and not the physical mass of the earth and its metabolic processes. How many people can the earth carry - what ever that means?

Since I disagree totally with this, there is not much point in carrying on the debate.  But as Max has said, it is ideas like this that  explains why the left  has never made much headway in North America.

Paul Phillips