Guardian Wed 26 >>Two Britons killed on Monday when their armoured car
was targeted by a rocket grenade near coalition headquarters were
yesterday named by the Foreign Office as Bob Morgan, 63, and Mark
Carman, 38. Morgan was an FO-funded adviser and had been seconded to
work with the Coalition Provisional Authority on the reconstruction of
the Iraqi oil sector.
Carman, a former soldier, worked for Control Risks Group, a private
contractor that provides security and risk assessments. The company
said he had been working for a team providing security to the Foreign
Office. A third British civilian was understood to have been injured
in the blast. <<

Apart from the fact that British authorities decided to be more open
than I had expected, perhaps to diffuse the potential of this story,
the details are as I supposed.

In terms of a guerrilla war, if you consider a guerrilla war a lawful
and honourable response to an invasion of your country not approved by
the United Nations, (a matter on which opinion may be divided)
 this appears to have been a very effective and
audacious attack. One which the British authorities will have to take
very seriously in terms of any countermeasures.

I cannot imagine they have any effective answers as the intelligence
of the insurgency if anything is likely to improve relative to the
intelligence available to the British authorities.

Chris Burford