        From: PEN-L list on behalf of Charles Brown
        Sent: Fri 6/25/2004 7:35 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [PEN-L] Marxist Fianancial Advice

        I always wonder whether Marx intended the concepts in _Capital_ to be used
        in detailed analyses of things like oil price fluctuations or concrete
        business cycles. The only practice that might accompany such analyses would
        be such things as Keynesian and social dem reforms to soften the impact of
        recessions or regulation of the oil companies and their prices: Marxist
        advice on how to reform capitalism.

        Marx's discussion of the struggle for shorter work week reforms is related
        to actual mass movements of workers at the time, situations where masses of
        workers were in fact in organized motion and thereby with potential to turn
        into revolutionary struggles. But today , there are not mass worker
        movements to influence oil prices or blunt the business cycle.

        Charles

        ^^^^^

        by sartesian

        Keerist, can't we at least spell "financial" correctly? And then terminate
        this thread?

        Marxist financial advice.  Come on.  Cut it out.  Where doe s this take us?
        Marxist arbitrage?  Marxist hedge funds?  Behind every free market there's a
        death squad, at least one.

        You need more money?  Ssssshhhh.  Don't tell anyone.  Figure it out yourself
        or go get a  CFA.

        Next subject,  Marxist methods of seducing housekeepers?