Michael wrote:
>i've a hunch that some left interest in nader is reflection of
>absence of actual left alternatives, as panelist at forum i attended
>in ann arbor said yesterday: 'he's best known option", lousy way to
>develop actual left alternative...

I think that those who are seriously interested in building a
movement and political party capable of challenging the bipartisan
consensus on the domestic and foreign policy ought to be able to
think beyond the specific positive and negative attributes of Ralph
Nader as an individual and think about who (among Green Party
leaders, rank-and-file Green Party members, non-Green Party members,
etc.) is supporting him and why, what we can do to work with them,
and so on.
Yoshie
<<<<<>>>>>

some will, perhaps, pooh-pooh following as not serious but - imo -
neither movements nor parties are built via campaigns for prez, too much
time/effort/use of too limited resources, amount/kind of attention that
nader gets (which is result of name recognition, not due to green
party/ideas)  will not contribute to either task, important green
*party* work is down ballot if at all...

nader received almost 3 million votes last time, will probably receive
less this time
for number of reasons, but those 3 million folks (and others who voted
for various left alternatives in 2000) would make bigger statement by
turning out en masse to a kerry inauguration with one statement - 'we're
on your ass' (pelt his motorcade with 3 million eggs)...   michael
hoover

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from
College employees
regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon
request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.