Diane wrote:

>>That being said and I agree again with you, the
>>Kurds are an oppressed nationality. Period.

Ulhas wrote

>Does it mean that the Left should support the breakup
>of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Turkey?
>
>Ulhas

Of course not.

But I think your point is more along the lines of the foreign
intellectual bases (both wings of the US intelligentsia) being almost
always wrong about the components of local nationalism? Maybe?

Being a Canadian, I have seen a steady stream of incorrect American
reporting about Quebec, for instance. I think that sort of thing is what
sets Canada apart from the U.S. Here, federalism actually exists... in
that limited application of federalism versus local nationalism. I do
not think ill of federalism, of itself.

Ken.

--
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.