I have a blog entry in which I described Justin Raimondo as a libertarian:

http://kenthink7.blogspot.ca/2012/03/justin-raimondo-on-death-of-shaima.html

I had this comment:

Eric Dondero said... 
Raimondo is NOT a libertarian.  He is a hardcore Moveon.org/DailyKos 
Soros-funded Leftist who has infiltrated the libertarian movement.  
Please correct your article.
Dondero has his own website. Just click on his name. I have never heard of him 
before. 


Cheers, ken

 
Blog:  http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html
Blog:  http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html


________________________________
 From: Michael Nuwer <[email protected]>
To: Progressive Economics <[email protected]> 
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 8:42:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Pen-l] the SCOTUS health care decision
 
On 3/29/2012 1:45 PM, Jim Devine wrote:
>
>
> It may be true that the Right has fewer internal/sectarian squabbles
> than the left does. After all, rather than embracing the democratic
> "one person, one vote" principle, the Right espouses the power of
> concentrated money. As far I know, the only big sectarian fight among
> rightists in recent history has been that with Ayn Rand's
> "collective," which did not let Big Money rule but ostensibly was
> supposed to be about reason.


I have observed a good deal of internal squabbling among libertarian 
economists. There is a big divide within the Austrian camp. One group 
sticks very close to the writings of Mises and Rothbard and criticizes 
the work of Hayek. Joseph Salerno and Peter Klein are examples of this 
group. Some in this camp think Hayek was a socialist!

Another group sticks closer to Hayek, maintaining that Hayek's work is a 
critic of Mises and goes beyond praxology. Within this Hayek group there 
is another divide that splits between followers of Israel Kirzner and 
followers of Ludwig Lachmann. When O'Driscoll and Rizzo published the 
"Economics of Time and Ignorance" they adopted Lachmann's view of social 
order and the book was strongly attacked.

Then there are the neo-classical libertarians who attack Austrian 
economics. Brian Caplan and Tyler Cowen have written critiques of 
Austrian views. David Friedman is also a libertarian who doesn't have 
time for the Austrians.

_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to