* Justin Simoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-10-08T05:06:11]
> I'm having an interesting case, where email addresses with newlines
> are seen as valid, but carriage returns and/or carriage returns, with
> a newline aren't seen as valid:

Interesting...

> That regex in Email::Valid is scary,

That's the understatement of the month.

> although this line seems a little suspicious:
>
>       $RFC822PAT =~ s/\n//g;

That *is* a bit odd, but my first instinct is to think that it does't matter.
I'll bring your tests in and have a look.  I imagine it will be something
stupid.

> set to, "false" by default - so I'm assuming that no attempts at
> making the address is corrected are done.  The URL to the Book's code
> examples is 404'ing and it's time for me to go to sleep :)

That URL should be removed.

--
rjbs