--- Ovid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi

> As some of you probably know, I am working on AI::Prolog.  It is
> currently available on the CPAN and it's a pure Perl implementation
> of
> Prolog.  In the long run, I'll probably port some of the guts to C
> for
> performance reasons, but I'm sticking with Perl right now for ease
> of
> prototyping.
>
> My last journal entry
> (http://use.perl.org/journal.pl?op=edit&id=22940)
> has some discussion of my future plans, but if anyone has any
> feedback
> regarding the utility of this module, I'm all ears.

Do you know about my modules Language::Prolog::Yaspi and
Language::XSB?, they are Perl interfaces to SWI-Prolog and XSB
respectively. If you are implementing AI::Prolog for fun, everything
is ok, but if you plan to use Prolog from Perl seriously I thing that
my modules are a better option.

You would like to take a look at Prolog::Language::Types also, a set
of classes that encapsulate Prolog terms on Perl, maybe its data
structures are focussed on being efficient representation and not on
being directly manipulated as prolog terms but it can be configured
to use different internal representations.

And Prolog::Language::Sugar, implements some syntatic sugar to create
prolog terms from Perl with a Prolog look.

Cheers,

  - Salvador