Hello All

Just installed LDAP server (OpenLDAP) on Ubuntu with following base root dn
settings:
 cn=admin,dc=nodomian

Added few organisation units to it using command line utility 'ldapadd' and
few using ldap browser - 'phpldapadmin'

Then I felt like playing with Perl to connect to LDAP server and wrote
following script:

$ldap_host = "localhost";
$admin = "admin";
$domain = "nodomain";
$dn = "cn=$admin,o=$domain";
$password = "mypassword";
$ldap = Net::LDAP->new($ldap_host) or die "Could not establish connection to
LDAP server - $ldap_host \n";
$ldap->bind($dn,password=>$password) or die "Could not bind to LDAP serrver
- $ldap_host \n";

If I set wrong '$ldap_host', it shouts saying - 'could not bind to LDAP
server' and rightly so.

*However even if I set wrong '$password' or wrong '$dn' scripts still
executes successfully and doesn't shout...*

Where am I going wrong...?

Cheers,
Parag