On 04/12/2018 03:51 AM, Yaroslav Kuzmin wrote:

Smoke log available at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHUAwq74zUMfS3Ps3WnMAvpSagcXFWxJ

Automated smoke report for branch blead 5.27.11 patch
5f6af817add6d2df3603e0e94b6eb27ba5fb3970 v5.27.10-119-g5f6af817ad
RS12: 2964 (2964/)
     on        os/390 - 25.00
     using     c99 version
     smoketime 2 hours (average 1 hour)

The easiest way to find this is to run a bisection on the month or so's commits that could have caused this. Does your machine have enough throughput that it could do this?

And that means compiling perl at a given commit that's bad, and then cleaning the directory, and running it again at the last known good commit. Then running it yet again at the commit half way between these two. Then repeating on the half of the original range where it changed. We have a tool that will automatically do this. You set it going, and let it run until it finds the offending commit.

I haven't brought this up before, because I thought your hardware was too slow for this. But this instance would be relatively few commits, so that it might be feasible.

I would furnish you the correct incantation to get it to work, after having tested it on my machine.