On Sat 27 Oct 2001 23:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Foley) wrote:
> Michael G Schwern wrote:
> >
> > At YAPC::Europe, there was some talk over dinner about the perlbug
> > email interface and making it a little easier to close bugs.
> > Basically write up some mutt/elm/your-favorite-mailer-here macros for
> > the most common operations.
> >
> >     this bug is notabug
> >     its been fixed in the latest version of perl (possibly with a test)
> >     here's a test for this bug
> >     here's a fix for this bug
> >
> Yup - all in place, just checking one or two things before announcing
> loudly and p5p gets it's greasy paws on it...
>
> > The idea being you see a bug report on p5p and can reply to it *and*
> > send commands to perlbug with a single command.  So instead of hitting
> > 'g' (group reply in mutt) you might hit 'B' (perlbug) and select from
> > a short list ('n'otabug, already 'f'ixed, 't'est, 'p'atch) of what
> > you're doing.  Up pops an editor and you do your thing.
> >
> Yup.
>
> > 1) Richard, is this up to date?
> > http://bugs.perl.org/perlbug.cgi?req=mailhelp
> >
> Yup.
>
> > 2) Richard (or someone who knows perlbug well), could you show us
> > sample emails for the aforementioned perlbug commands?  Just to make
> > sure we've got it right.
> >

>       To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>       To: close_irix_<bugid1>_<bugid2>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>       To: clo_ir_<bugid1>_<bugid...>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > Once we have that...
> >
> > 3) Someone who knows mutt/elm/etc can code up a little script to do
> > the necessary automation.
> >
> I know there's been a couple of scripts written to set off, or cc, the
> appropriate emails.
>
> Robert, Michael, Merijn?

Frantically waiving hands: Not me, but after reading all this, it looks like
it's time for a bugtk update, for which I do not have time :{

Does anybody know if another tip from YAPC has been activating some digging?
"Try finding open bug reports that have a reply in the message chain that
 contains 'Thanks, applied' and see if it apoplies to the bug originally
 reported"

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.1 & 629 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,