In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "H . Merijn Brand"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HP-UX 10.20:
> ------------
> k1:/pro/3gl/CPAN/libnet-1.09 119 > perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib t/config.t
> 1..10

> not ok 4 # ... should return -1 without a valid hostname Got: '0' Expected:
> '-1'
> main t/config.t 24

Yeah, Gerrit Haase and Graham forwarded me a failure report at the same place on
a Cygwin machine.  The test
is:

        is( Net::Config->requires_firewall(''), -1,
                '... should return -1 without a valid hostname' );

requires_firewall() calls Socket::inet_aton() with $_[0].  The trick is finding
something to pass to inet_aton() that won't be resolved.

I suggested:

        is( Net::Config->requires_firewall(0), -1,
               '... should return -1 without a valid hostname' );

but it didn't help.

I'm not sure that's not a bug in inet_aton() on those platforms, as there
doesn't seem to be a test one way or the other.

The other option is to add in the mock Socket object that can be told to pass or
to fail the inet_aton() call as necessary.  I have working code for that, but
thought (perhaps wrongly) that using the real Socket object would be okay.

-- c