I'm working on taking test.com and merging it's differences into
t/TEST so vms/test.com just becomes a thin DCL wrapper around t/TEST.

One of the major differences is test.com itself skips a heap of tests
because they don't work on VMS, but the operators often do.  So I'm
doing two things:

    1)  Rather than have the VMS test harness skip the tests, the tests
        themselves will do the skipping.  This will make it a bit more
        likely that someone will investigate the problems.

    2)  Foreach of the following deliberately skipped tests, could
        someone on VMS run them and try to roughly figure out
        if it's the test at fault or the operator.  I have a feeling
        some of them might work.

t/comp/cpp.t
t/io/argv.t
t/io/dup.t
t/io/pipe.t
t/op/die_exit.t     # IIRC this is failing because of a real bug
t/op/exec.t
t/op/fork.t
t/op/glob.t
t/op/groups.t
t/op/magic.t
t/op/stat.t
ext/DB_File/t/db-btree.t
ext/DB_File/t/db-hash.t
ext/DB_File/t/db-recno.t
ext/GDBM_File/gdbm.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_dup.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_pipe.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_poll.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_sel.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_sock.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_unix.t
ext/IO/lib/IO/t/io_xs.t
ext/NDBM_File/ndbm.t
ext/ODBM_File/odbm.t
ext/POSIX/t/posix.t
lib/IPC/Open2.t
lib/IPC/Open3.t
lib/ph.t
lib/File/Temp/t/posix.t (I think this skip is a mistake)

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One