On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 03:05:23PM +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Mon 05 Nov 2001 15:00, Jarkko Hietaniemi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Automated smoke report for patch 12847
> >
> > Fixed in 12848.  Your smokes seem always to pick the most inconvenient
> > spot :-)
>
> Blame it to time differences. It rsyncs at 22:45 local time. Be sure that
> rsync snap is stable at that moment int time :-P
>
> I could start later though, but then my reports will be less complete, because
> I *will* have to leave for home before they end. Your choice. (I'd prefer to
> keep this time in order not to disturb the `normal' users too much - for
> whatever degree of normal, I'm one of those too)

Hmmm.

(1) How about looking for my snapshot announcements in p5p
(or "patchlevel.h" updates in perl5-changes) and launching smokes
from them, not from some arbitrary points in time?

(2) Add a (cronjob?) suspend-all option to the smoke harness:
basically, send a SIGSTOP signal for all the participating machines
and process) that can be sent at 07:30am?  (Coupled with a
continue-all, SIGCONT, when the next 22:45 arrives).  The stopped
processes will consume virtual memory, not much else.

(3) Some extensions of (2) would be kill-all, SIGKILL
dealt over the whole smoke cluster, and shutdown-all (SIGHUP
with graceful cleanup handler).

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen