Abe Timmerman wrote:
It took some time as the daytime job drained my energy :-(
Sorry to not reply more quickly to your mail. Thanks to take time for the perl smoke database ....
but:
- I've made three days after my request to you the program I want.
- When I see your mail, I take times to look at them, but I've some problem with it:
1/ Always man pages is display without I comment call of it
(you forgot a short syntax for man pages)
2/ Files created only created path of files (why???).

Don't take times to correct this, I will use my script with your documentation: (I learning your help syntax to grow my documentation).
I think to share a CPAN module (something like Test-Smoke-Database) that containt all needed script to maintain a smoke db, and put it on CPAN. Then just a mirror page must be maintain on qa.perl.org.

For this, I think to the FAQ section that miss today for alianwebserver db. This can take as POD documentation of the module. Can you correct this for a more correct english ?

One more times, sorry to answer too late for your contribution (think to my 2 monster tweens Marine & Perle that eat all my energy :-), and thanks for your work.

PS: Test::Smoke VERSION 1.16 works fine without update for win32/mingw, as you can see on my report to Hugo. Now I will take time for Borland and VC++.

Regards,
--
Alain BARBET
=head1 NAME

FAQ about smoke database

=head1 SYNOPSIS

    lynx http://www.alianwebserver.com/cgi-bin/smoke_db :-)

=head1 FAQ

=pod

=over 4

=item Whats that ?

An application that parse database with all report about perl-current.

=item Why ?

This allows to check on the build status on a wide variety of operating
systems and architectures without browse and compare article from newsgroup.

=item From where come the reports ?

>From nttp://nntp.perl.org/perl.daily-build.reports.

=item How long before see a report on this database that appear on ng ?

12 hours maximum.

=item How submit report ?

Use Test-Smoke available on CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/A/AB/ABELTJE/Test-Smoke-1.16.tar.gz

=item What's Test-Smoke ?

Extract of README: The perl core smoke test suite is a set of simple
scripts that try to run the perl core tests on as many configurations as
possible and combine that into a easy to parse report.

The perl source tree is refreshed using rsync to the latest level of the
perl development branche before the smoke tests start.

=item How use it on Unix box ?

Read README. Run perl Makefile.PL.

=item How use it on win32 box ?

Get rsync(from cygwin). Read <perl_src>/README.win32
Edit smoke.cfg and smokew32.bat.

=item Eh ! I don't see my report !

Send me a mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=over