Moin,

On Sunday 18 September 2005 11:48, David Landgren wrote:
> Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Data using the new metric 'has_changelog' is now available from
> > http://cpants.perl.org
>
> Ooh! my kwalitee improved :) except other people's kwalitee improved
> more than mine :(

Same for me...

> > Thanks again to Adam Kennedy, H.Merijn Brand and Smylers for various
> > suggestions/help with 'has_changelog'.
> >
> > I've also added suggestions to improve ones kwalitee. For each metric
> > I wrote up a short 'remedy'. You can view all here:
> > http://cpants.perl.org/kwalitee.html
>
> Seriously though, I have a module whose test suite includes Test::Pod
> and Test::Pod::Coverage, except that I use the following construct:
>
> SKIP: {
>      skip( 'Test::Pod not installed on this system', 1 )
>          unless do {
>              eval qq{ use Test::Pod };
>              $@ ? 0 : 1;
>          };
>
>      pod_file_ok( 'foobar.pm' );
> }
>
> The cpants analysis fails to recognise this as valid. What is it
> looking for and/or could it be taught to look for this? I thought that
> it was only looking for a string eval of "use Test::Pod".

I would like to know the same. I do want to add pod-tests, but not burden
users of my module with a dependency on yet-another-test-module. (If the
pod tests pass on my dev system, they are very likely to pass at the
users system, too. So no point in running the tests there always)

Best wishes,

Tels

- --
 Signed on Sun Sep 18 12:23:00 2005 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "My name is Felicity Shagwell. Shagwell by name, shag very well by
 reputation."