* Ovid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-01-04T16:34:31]
> I guess the reason I have never used BAIL_OUT is because if I have a
> bunch of tests failing, they fail quickly and I don't have to wait for
> them :)  I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but I noticed it this
> evening and thought I would toss it out there in case anyone has any
> comments.

The problem with some things failing quickly is that you might do some simple
tests way up front in, say, 00-am-i-online.t, and then have your lots and lots
of tests start failing only after slow setups -- so you can either realize
what's happened and interrupt, or go have a coffee.  Worse, if your slow setups
will need teardown, and your tests don't properly handle interrupts... and if
you're running THAT under Devel::Cover to get things really nice and slow?

Anyway, I don't use BAIL_OUT in everything, but having it as an option for
really big, obnoxious test suites is lovely.

--
rjbs