Ovid's post about TAP::Tests has reminded me: would it be useful to have a TAP statement that conveys the exit code of a test script? At the moment in a hypothetical situation where there's some distance between the harness and the test script - like perhaps they're on different machines - the test script's exit status has to be sent out- of-band. If you add

exit <n>

to the grammar then the TAP transcript becomes a complete log of the test.

At the moment in TAP::Harness we have the option of spooling TAP to a file - which captures everything useful /apart/ from exit status.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net