* Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-09T18:17:57]
> *)  TAP diagnostic format
> http://perl-qa.yi.org/index.php/TAP_diagnostic_syntax
>
> There is no way to output diagnostics in TAP.  The stuff Test::More spits
> out to STDERR are unparsable comments indented for humans.  Its not TAP.
> This is the single biggest TAP deficiency.

"Diagnostics need not be only for failures. There's nothing which says you
can't output them for passes."

So, under what circumstances do we display the diagnostics data regarding test
line/file?  Something like either:

  * if other diagnostics were given, we add these and display it
  * if the test fails, we add these and display it

Assuming that diagnostics are passed as a hashref, and someone passes "line" or
"file" entries (or whatever the standard name is), presumably we croak.  Or, we
make the standard name obnoxious enough that by using it you are clearly
stating that you know you're about to shoot your foot.  ('TAP/testline')

--
rjbs