On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Evgeny <evgeny.zis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen the page :
> http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Why_can%27t_a_program_count_its_own_tests
>
> And I still don't understand, why can't a perl program count its test and
> then when all the tests are done write something like:
>
> I ran 45976347563873456 tests and 587643873645 of then failed and
> 234598634875634 of them passed.
>
> (dont mind that the numbers dont add up)
>

> Then you dont really need to "count" the amount of tests before hand, you
> "count" them as you go, and will only know the final amount of tests at the
> very end.

They can, just say

use Test::More 'no_plan';

The problem is that what happens if you constantly
get 100 success reports while in fact you had 300
tests, just you test script exited early?

e.g. because you added an exit; in the middle to shortcut
your test running while you were debugging some failing test.

Gabor
http://szabgab.com/test_automation_tips.html