    Michael> Just to make sure, when you say "using several cores" you mean
testing in
    Michael> parallel?  Like setting the jobs flag (or -j with prove)?

Yes exactly.

    Michael> I don't like work arounds for test failures, and what
    Michael> you're describing is an enormous work around database.

Well, it'd be a temporary measure to get things working until everyone
fixes their shit. Of course, if it's too convenient, authors are going
to just live with it and not ever fix their tests.

    Michael> Second step is to set up a CPAN smoker doing multi-process
    Michael> testing.  Then we'll start getting ubiquitous testing data
    Michael> and annoying distribution authors with failures.  It will
    Michael> be interesting to see what percentage pass.  I suspect it
    Michael> is higher than we think.

Right, that makes sense, I'll see if I can set up said smoker.

    Michael> Moving out of the realm of what you can do today, it may be
    Michael> worth adding a key to the meta file which indicates the
    Michael> tests are not safe for parallel testing.

I'm not sure I see how to accomplish that, given the meta file is under
the author's control, not ours. I may, of course, be completely off
here.

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/