Hiya,

On 30 Oct 2011, at 19:23, Michael G Schwern wrote:
[snip]
>> * How would a no_plan subtest merge into a planned stream?
>
> Just fine, thanks.  It would require no work at all.  Without the TAP
> formatting, a no_plan subtest is equivalent to just running some tests.

What I was thinking of was this: with subtests folk who like having up-front
plans can do stuff like this:

    use Test::More tests => 3;

    pass("First test");

    subtest 'An example subtest' => sub {
        plan 'no_plan';
        for (1..rand(10)+1 ) {
            pass "indeterminate test run";
        }
    };

    pass("Last test");

    done_testing();

to isolate there unplannable stuff into subtests. Not possible with the
inlining.

Cheers,

Adrian
--
http://quietstars.com     adri...@quietstars.com     twitter.com/adrianh
t. +44 (0)7752 419080     skype adrianjohnhoward     del.icio.us/adrianh