On 2011.11.10 4:59 PM, Buddy Burden wrote:
chromatic/Merjin,

Not "use warnings" but the -w command line flag -- the non-lexical, warnings-
on-everywhere one.

no change whatsoever. I've now added -w to all #! lines in the t files

Does that do anything?  I didn't think prove respected the shebang
line.  Anyway, I thought the -w to prove would be effectively doing
that all along.

Perl respects the *options* on the #! line, prove only adds to them.

Adding -w to the #! line on your tests is a very good idea to avoid the gotcha of differences between a test being run with `prove` (does not set -w), `make test` (sets -w), and running it as a normal Perl program (does not set -w).

If you don't want global warnings, explicitly turn them off with BEGIN { $^W = 0 }.