----- Original Message -----

> From: Buddy Burden <barefootco...@gmail.com>
>
>G uys,
>
> I'm getting CPAN Tester failures that look like this:
>
> # STDOUT is:
> # ok 1 # SKIP symlink_target_is doesn't work on systems without symlinks!
> #
> # not:
> # ok 1 # skip symlink_target_is doesn't work on systems without symlinks!
> #
> # as expected
>
> and, in case it doesn't jump out at you what the problem is (I had to
> stare at it 4 or 5 times before I caught it), it's the capitalization
> of "skip" (or "SKIP", as the case may be).  Now, these
> failures are a
> minority, and the trend I'm seeing is that the failures all seem to
> come from Test::More 1.005000_002, whereas the passes all seem to come
> from versions pre 1.x.  Now, I've never really used
> Test::Builder::Tester before (I've previously used Test::Tester), but
> I got co-maint on this module (Test::File), and that's what it uses,
> and it seems to work pretty well ... except for this one thing.  So I
> don't really want to change it, and anyway I'm sure I'm not the only
> person who is/will be seeing this sort of problem.

Hi Buddy,
I'm not sure what's going on here. You've mentioned the Test::More,
Test::Builder::Tester, Test::Tester and Test::File. I don't know exactly what
is causing the problem you have with your tests, but if you check the
TAP::Parser::Grammar (https://metacpan.org/module/TAP::Parser::Grammar) you'll
see that the SKIP (and TODO) directives are case-insensitive. Thus, both SKIP
and skip should be fine. If something is marking that as a failure, it's
probably ignoring case-sensitivity for directives or it's expecting an exact
text match.

In any event, I can't tell how to reproduce the issue from the plethora of
modules you've listed. Can you send a small code example of a test failure?

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Live and work overseas - http://overseas-exile.blogspot.com/