Ovid,

> I'm not sure what's going on here. You've mentioned the Test::More,
> Test::Builder::Tester, Test::Tester and Test::File.

Sorry; perhaps I overexplained.  This is a problem between Test::More
and Test::Builder, like the subject says.  The other two are
irrelevant.

> I don't know exactly what is causing the problem you have with your tests,
> but if you check the TAP::Parser::Grammar
> (https://metacpan.org/module/TAP::Parser::Grammar) you'll see that the SKIP
> (and TODO) directives are case-insensitive. Thus, both SKIP and skip should
> be fine. If something is marking that as a failure, it's probably ignoring
> case-sensitivity for directives or it's expecting an exact text match.

Okay, that puts the blame squarely on Test::Builder::Tester then.  It
definitely is expecting an exact text match.  Going through the code a
bit, it looks like it would accept a regex (although this is not
documented in the POD) so I suppose I could code defensively enough to
work around it, but it seems like if the standard says case
insensitive, it might be better for Test::Builder::Tester to ignore
case altogether.  Perhaps there are subtleties that would break other
stuff though ...

> In any event, I can't tell how to reproduce the issue from the plethora of
> modules you've listed. Can you send a small code example of a test failure?

This code:

{
local $^O = 'Win32';

my @subs = qw(
    file_mode_is file_mode_isnt
    file_executable_ok file_not_executable_ok
    );

foreach my $sub ( @subs )
    {
    no strict 'refs';

    test_out("ok 1 # skip $sub doesn't work on Windows!");
    test_test();
    }

}

works on Test::More (say) 0.98, but not on Test::More 1.005000_002.

I think I'll raise an issue on Test::Builder::Tester's github and see
what schwern has to say.

            -- Buddy