Thanks for the feedback!

A few people have asked for a transition document like what you are asking
for, I have yet to write it, but it is on my list.

The main thing for a darkpan maintainer to do is this:

Run all your tests against the latest dev release on cpan (
https://metacpan.org/release/EXODIST/Test-Simple-1.301001_100). This can
easily be done with a local::lob if you do not want to actually install it.
If all your tests pass then there is nothing you need to do, everything
just works. If this is the case please mention it somewhere, such as on
this list. So far I have gotten only a handful of darkpan results, none of
them reporting anything broken. It would be nice if there was a public list
of darkpan results I can keep, and I may start one on github.

If something is broken it would be best to send me a bug report on github.
My goal is to break as little as possible, so if I do break something for
you I would prefer fixing it over making you change you things. The only
exceptions are when things are very crazy: Replacing the Test::Builder
singleton, or breaking encapsulation by directly accessing hash keys of the
Test::Builder object. The new stuff even goes so far as to support legacy
monkeypatching of key methods in the Test::Builder namespace.

-Chad