The only way to teach this is, in my experience by example. Though in
most courses you will not have a chance to implement this strategy. I
remember one time where we faced a problem during a week of training,
and even after some time of digging i could not find an awnser. So i did
what i preached an posted two messages a forum and a mailing list. The
results were positive and the crowd was impressed. I really think they
will try it themselves in a similar situation.

Lutz