On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:33:34 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On 5/17/06, Smylers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> So anybody who "helps" you by providing you with the answer is assisting
>> you deceive the employer and get a job you are blatantly not qualified
>> for.  That's downright dishonest.  Why on earth do you expect that
>> somebody would want to "help" you in this way?
>
> While I agree with you I would like to note that, unfortunately most
> of the people
> I see around would not know how to or would fear to ask a question on
> a mailing list.

That is a valid independent point but in the case of the OP I would have
given the same response as Smylers no matter where it was posted.  The
request was unethical in any context.

On the general point, I have written about this in both of my books.
Also, the beginners list is the perfect place for nervous posters to get
their feet wet.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perlmedic.com/