From: Dan Kogai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Mar 19, 2002  11:04:28  Asia/Tokyo
To: Dan Kogai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Encode-0.90 now available

Encode Hackers,

   I have made Encode-0.90 available at

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-0.90.tar.gz

Changes since perl@15300
------------------------

+ Pod bugs in Encode::XX fixed
+ t/*.t now works independently of perl core so Encode is CPAN-uploadable
   (all "@INC = '../lib';" replaced with "unshift @INC, '../lib', for
    instance)
+ Module versions all set to 0.90 with RCS stub
   hopefully this will be 1.00 when 5.8.0 is ripe and uploaded to CPAN
+ partial support for jisx0212-1990.  See CAVEAT
+ Encode/euc-jp+0212.ucm added for the functionality above
! t/table.* renamed to jisx0208.*

CAVEAT
------

jisx0212 -> utf8 (decode) does not work while utf8 -> jisx0212 does.  
I've tried to work it out on my own but gave up for the time being 
because I want Nick to check it out.  Nick, please try

perl5.7.3 -Mblib t/JP 1

to see what I mean.  the last '1' enables jisx0212 tests.  I will keep 
working on this problem but I need your help.

Well, jisx0212 is not round-trippable;  it contains TILDE and others 
that are already mapped in ASCII and/or jisx0208.  Still, it immediately 
croaks with a message like

euc-jp "\x8F" does not map to Unicode (3) at t/JP.t line 50, <$src> line 
288.

Once multibyte chars with more than 3bytes/char works, we can even 
support such biggies as GB18030 (with the biggest char 4 byte big;  icu 
distribution does contain this).

Dan the Yet Another Encode Hacker

Reply via email to