Encode Hackers,

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 11:05 , Dan Kogai wrote:
> Encode Hackers,
>
>   I have made Encode-0.90 available at
>
> http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-0.90.tar.gz

   I have revised Encode-0.90 so that it checks jisx0212-1990.  The URL 
remains the same,

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-0.90.tar.gz

   I left the version number unchanged since no *.pm or *.xs changed.  
Files affected are

Encode/t/jisx0212.euc
Encode/t/jisx0208.euc
Encode/t/JP.t

   Sorry for the confusion.

> CAVEAT
> ------
>
> jisx0212 -> utf8 (decode) does not work while utf8 -> jisx0212 does.  
> I've tried to work it out on my own but gave up for the time being 
> because I want Nick to check it out.  Nick, please try
>
> perl5.7.3 -Mblib t/JP 1
>
> to see what I mean.  the last '1' enables jisx0212 tests.  I will keep 
> working on this problem but I need your help.

   The reason was quite simple.  It was due to the fact that '~' is not 
round-trippalable.   That is the only char that is not round-trippable 
so I have modified jisx0212.euc (which I have grabbled form Jcode, which 
was originally autogenerated out of mapping table at ftp.unicode.org) so 
that '~' is represented in single ASCII character (\x7E) instead of 
jisx0212 form (\x8F\xA2\xB7).

Dan the Man with Too Many Characters to Encode

Reply via email to