From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 7:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: encrypt a module?

I am coding a module that will be shared across several other groups
applications but there are calls in it that only certain groups should use.
Rather than making separate modules for each group having only the
functions they need, I'd like to just distribute one copy and only tell
them what they need to know.  But if they can go pokiing around in there
(and they will) they might get frisky and start mucking about with things
they shouldn't be.

Is there a way to distribute a perl module in such a way that it is
"use"able but is not rendered in plain text? by "use"able I mean simply
that you need only have a use Foo::Bar; to import it, not something more
complicated.  I've seen things for scripts, but does the same apply to
modules(.pm)?

Thanks,

Chuck