Il Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:48:47 -0400, scrivevi:

>-  I have a list of e-mail addresses (in a text file) of people that I send
>   mail to regularly (about 100 people).
>-  I want to attach a (Word) document
>
>How could I automate sending the mail -

I have a thing. It gets the addresses from a text file, the name(s) of
document(s) you want to send from another text file, zips the document(s),
looks for a "tip of the day" message or a general comment to prefix the
attachment with, builds a mime message (with MIME::Entity), then sends all
(with Net::SMTP) to your provider mail server. It sends a single message
with multiple recipients, so many as permitted by your provider, then
again, if needed, to the end of your addresses list.

It's very rough, very idiomatic, very not documented. I've no problem to
send it to you, though, provided you take it as it is, doing yourself the
needed changes, and don't ask me or name it anymore in our conversation.
Otherwise it will be changed on dust of withered and dried bytes on your
disk.

... or, as a better idea, you may take a look to Mail::Bulkmail. It hasn't
the mime thing, but you can add it yourself (via MIME or so).

Ciao.