Also, he doesn't state what that has to do with the subject line..

I appologize if my "Moron Deector" is set to high today, but why Reply to
IDE for Perl/CGI? Why not add a NEW list item?

:)

Pervaiz, Yasir wrote:

> ANYONE CAN help get pearl 5.8 going on my windows 2000 server machine. I
> like to run few scripts to get some information from user manager in windows
> 2000. I have installed and got the msi file. it fails. any idea any help you
> can offer me to get the pearl going for me. I have done some korn shell and
> born shell programming.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Perhaps the problem is that you are trying to install pearl, instead of
perl, as all or us are using ;).

Seriously, you  don't say what happens when "it fails." Without this
information, no one can give you anything but the most generic help.
That being said, maybe the msi you downloaded is corrupted, download it
again. It happens.

Cameron

--
Cameron Dorey