> Hi
> I am able to FTP the file to any local directory on 'MY
> Machine'. But the
> application should be such that any user can FTP the file to a fixed
> location on HIS m/c (say C:\Temp. I will make sure that all
> the users have
> this directory on their sys.). Then he should edit it and upload it.
> At present when other users download the file, it is getting
> downloaded to
> my dir (say C:\temp).
>
> Ashish

I would recommend using the File::Temp module then.  It will create the
file and remove it on script completion (Or any variation inbetween) and
it doesn't care who is using it, it will find a unique place to store it
and tell you the file name to use.  I have found it very friendly for my
applications needing a similar funcitonality.