I have no idea what this means, but...

I decided to install the latest ActivePerl on my Windows NT 4.0 computer. I
had release 611 installed, so I downloaded the release 613 installer and
ran it. It told me that I had to first uninstall the previous version (I
liked it better when the new installer took care of removing the old
version). So, I went to Control Panels, Add/Remove Programs, and proceeded
to uninstall the 611 release (which ran the 611 installer, whereupon I
clicked on Uninstall). During the uninstallation, my Norton Anti-Virus
popped up the following warning and aborted the uninstall.

Scan type:  Realtime Protection Scan
Event:  Virus Found!
Virus name: VBS.NewLove.A
File:  D:\Perl\html\faq\Windows\ActivePerl-Winfaq12.html
Location:  Quarantine
Computer:  DEIGHAN
User:  John Deighan
Action taken:  Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded : Access denied

Now, it seems to me that the NewLove virus is newer than the release 611
installer, so this seems really strange. Perhaps Norton's is looking for a
particular sequence of bytes that it thinks indicates the presence of this
virus, and the file listed just happens to have that sequence of bytes in
it. Or is it possible that I really have the virus?

P.S. I disabled Norton's and the uninstall of 611 proceeded normally. Then,
to be safe, I enabled Norton's, then installed 613. I got the same message
again (see below). However, it didn't abort the install. 613 is installed
and running.

Scan type:  Realtime Protection Scan
Event:  Virus Found!
Virus name: VBS.NewLove.A
File:  D:\Perl\html\faq\Windows\ActivePerl-Winfaq12.html
Location:  Quarantine
Computer:  DEIGHAN
User:  John Deighan
Action taken:  Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded : Access denied

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]