[Small nit pick]

David Cassell wrote:
> You wrote:

No, I didn't -- it was Peter Eisengrein.

> > Anyone know what is the max length of a character string?
>
> How much RAM memory do you have?  That's the limitation you'll have
> in Perl.

RAM memory is like LCD display or USA of America, or National NASA
Administration, but OK.

The limitation is not how much RAM I have, though -- if I have 64 MB of RAM,
I think I could still allocate a 200 MB string. Virtual memory is your
friend -- the amount of virtual memory is what matters (RAM + swap on disk).

Cheers,
Philip

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]