Sorry not to continue the thread from a couple weeks ago by "Paul
O'Russa", but...  I haven't subscribed to THIS activestate list until
now...

The error WE are getting seems to relate to a value set in the
Application Pool settings...

Namely, in the performance Tab, under WebGarden, the "Maximum Number of
worker processes" seems to control how ofter this error comes up...

This is by no means a fix (and I am tending to call it a BUG but can't
say for sure), but I can now go to this page 5 times without seeing the
error you've referenced (since I set the max to 5)....

 Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0240'
 Script Engine Exception
 A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in
 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()' from
 'CActiveScriptEngine::ReuseEngine()'

... but then I get the error 5 times when I refresh a page and suddenly,
voila no more error for 5 more times.

This is a default IIS 6 install, Perl 5.8.4.810, and a few misc PPMs.  I
am using Win32::OLE and Win32::Const for use of ADODB.Command and
ADODB.Connection objects that reference a SQL Server for stored proc
calls (as well as another 3rd party COM application).

The page generating this error is the most benign of all the 4 pages in
this application and it simply looks to see if cookies are enabled, if a
cookie exists, and then asks the user to login if it doesn't..  or
redirects them to another page if it does....

Steven

----CODE----
<%@ LANGUAGE = PerlScript%>
<%
    if ($Request->Cookies("lookimacookie")->{Item} ne "") {
      $Response->Redirect('myotherpage.asp');
    } else {
      $Response->Write("  -- Please login.<BR>\n");
    }
%>

<HTML>
<BODY>

<%
    use Win32::OLE;
    $bc = Win32::OLE->new("MSWC.BrowserType");
    if ($bc->{cookies} == 0) {
      $Response->Write("Your browser doesn't seem to support cookies.
:(<BR>\n");
    } else {

    }
 %>

<FORM ACTION="login_verify.asp" METHOD=POST NAME=LOGIN>
  <TABLE>
    <TR>
      <TD>
        Username:
      </TD>
      <TD>
        <input type=text value="" name=user size=20>
      </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
      <TD>
        Password:
      </TD>
      <TD>
        <input type=password value="" name=pw size=20>
      </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
      <TD>
      </TD>
      <TD>
        <input type=submit value="Login" name=SUBMIT size=20>
      </TD>
    </TR>
  </TABLE>
</FORM>