Hello all,

I'm working on Perl 5.8 on Windows spawning threads, all created and controlled by the SOAP::Lite daemon (soap::transport::http::daemon). The daemon itself is running on its own thread, so it's like 1 thread spawning many threads.

The reason for this is because I want to write this whole thing into a windows service, therefore I cannot have the soap::lite daemon running in the main process or else it will be impossible to stop the service from the windows service window. So when the message to stop the service comes, the main process will signal the daemon to stop, which in turn will stop the threads it spawned.

To cut to the chase: I need to know how to stop the soap::lite daemon thread without killing the main process altogether. I have tried die(), which seems to be trapped by the daemon, and eixt(), which exited the whole application.

Any ideas or information will be appreciated. Thanks!