> I mean start using it and broadcasting it for XS beginners and up to
> ask questions, share knowledge, etc.

Earlier this fall I got a reason to start learning XS (in order to write
the module Net::LDNS, now on CPAN). Since I found the documentation
available to be fairly good, but somewhat difficult to access for a
complete beginner, I tried to write down what I learned as a guide for
other beginners. There's explanations of concepts, code examples, a tiny
little bit about Perl internals and recommendations about which
documentation to read in which order.

You can find it on my work's blog
http://theinitblog.init.se/2013/11/an-introduction-to-xs-perls-language.html
(if you go there the hits will make the guy caring for said blog happy),
or in less javacript-requiring fashion on Github at
https://github.com/cdybedahl/XSExample/blob/master/doc/Explain_1.md

--
                     Calle Dybedahl <ca...@cyberpomo.com>
                 http://www.livejournal.com/users/cdybedahl/