I replied to this one in private, but I want to make a point in public as
well.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Brad Gilbert <b2gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The barrier is not with Stack Overflow. (←What I obviously meant)
> The barrier is within you.

There's an insidious assumption hidden in here: that "the barrier is within
you" means it's a modifiable barrier. Or, for that matter, it should be.

For some of us, it's not. I was not overstating earlier when I made a
reference to the Nobel Prize.
And there are also those for whom it's not as modifiable as this attitude
assumes, or for whom modifying it is not the best of ideas.

Think about this one a bit next time you want to tell someone it's "all in
their head". Because it might just be literally true.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net