You can never be certain in *any* case. Check if you're not sure what it
means. Because sometimes languages use some term in a way you don't expect,
whether because they drew it from some specific discipline (Haskell uses a
lot of terminilogy from abstract mathematics, for example) or for some
reason (I've hit a few cases where the language author didn't know the
actual meaning of some term and used it "oddly" as a result).

https://docs.perl6.org/language/glossary

Which doesn't have "pragma" in it, probably because it's not specific to
Perl. It's been around, and used in this sense, since at least the 1960s
and probably earlier.

So also check various CS glossaries.
Such as FOLDOC: http://foldoc.org/pragma

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net