On 2019-12-10 00:57, Fernando Santagata wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 3:53 AM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-us...@perl.org <mailto:perl6-us...@perl.org>> wrote:

    On 2019-12-09 09:44, Trey Harris wrote:
     > Signatures are important to Raku.

    Trey,

    The signatures are very important to the developers.
    They only confuse the programmer.

    -T

I'm a programmer, not an expert in language design, I don't even have a formal education about programming, because when I attended university there was no such thing yet. I started studying Raku in December 2015 and I have to admit that at first I didn't understand signatures.So I went on and I read the documentation page on signatures. That solved my problem. I'm talking about the 2015 version of the documentation, which is now much improved and I'm writing this just because I think that the people who have been writing that documentation for all those years really, really deserve to be thanked.
A lot.

--
Fernando Santagata

Hi Fernando,

You make good points.  Please do not misinterpret my issues
with they way the docs are presented as diminishing the work
those people have put into it.  Good grief, I have enough
problems with folks thinks I am calling others dogs.

As to you not having a formal education in programming, I
have a customer how is probably only one of five people
in the country that can do what he does.  It is a treat
to be around him.  And guess what?  He only has a high school
education.  He knows more than PHd's. Your accomplishments
in programming are to be admired.

-T