I believe there's a disparity here between the needs of a sysadmin and
people who program hardcore with Raku. That's what I'm seeing in the
discussion here.

Signatures are very important to those who write programs, because they
help you arrange your code in a clean and maintainable and predictable way.

Those who only write one-off scripts or one liners don't yet understand
their value.

My two cents on what's going on here.