On Sat, Dec 9, 2023 at 2:06 AM Bruce Gray <robertbrucegr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Dec 9, 2023, at 00:37, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
> perl6-us...@perl.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am writing a clean up routine to relive my spot back ups
> > of junk in Blink browser directories that are meaningless to
> > a backup and that take up a lot of space.
> >
> > These directories are long and have random characters
> > for files names, such as "adcocjohghhfpidemphmcmlmhnfgikei"
> >
> > How who you go about figuring out who was random and
> > who was not.  I am thinking first the length and then
> > the absence of capitol letters and spaces and underscores.
> >
> > Your take?
>

> --snip--
>
> # Brave Browser temp directories: exactly 32 contiguous lowercase alpha
> characters.
> my $brave_junk_directories_re = / ^ <[a..z]> ** 32 $ /;
> my %to_skip = @filenames.grep($brave_junk_directories_re).Set;

I know this really wasn't mentioned clearly, but as a precaution you might
also want to consider filtering on whether the inode is referencing a file
or not:

my @to_skip = dir(".", test => { .IO.d && / ^ <[a..z]> ** 32 $ / } ) ;

If that possibility doesn't exist, then I personally would use:

my @to_skip = dir(".", test => { / ^ <[a..z]> ** 32 $ / } ) ;

As always, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

~Paul
--