On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:55:24AM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
> Well, I don't believe in "none" since it's really easy to say !any(), but
> exclusive-or can certainly use the punctuation.  Or, actually, I'm currently
> thinking, non-punctuation.  I kept thinking to myself that it's a shame
> that x is already taken, and then I looked crosseyed at the // vs \\
> proposals, and I realized we have a superposition of / and \ that is
> spelled "X".  :-)

Hmm.  I wonder if people aren't going to expect some relationship
between x and X ..

> So at the moment I'm thinking we have
>
>     $a X $b   # super xor
>     $a XX $b  # logical high precedence xor
>     $a X= $b  # assignment xor
>     $a +X $b  # intbits xor
>     $a ~X $b  # strbits xor
>     $a ^XX $b # hyper xor
>     $a xor $b # low precedence xor
>     +X $a     # int complement
>     ~X $a     # str complement

And presumably these as well?

      $a ^X= $b         # hyper assignment xor
      $a ^+X $b         # hyper intbits xor
      $a ^~X $b         # hyper strbits xor
      $a ^xor $b        # hyper low precedence xor
      ^+X $a            # hyper int complement
      ^~X $a            # hyper str complement

Sometimes when I look at stuff like this I start to Cozenify and ask
myself "what language is this again?"

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff