On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 12:17  PM, Michael Lazzaro wrote:

I can't see that right (MacOSX Jaguar) in the email; to me it looks like a forwardtick and an, um, underlined 'a' -- but in spite of that, I'm game. It's just so pretty (when it works!)

On my Mac, it's spelled «op» -- can others see that correctly, or do we have a sorry disconnect in the fonts, here, for us Mac folks?
I use Mail.app, and saw the same thing you did. When I looked at the headers for Larry's email, I saw:

But when I saw yours, you had:

This tells me that Mail.app, for some reason, didn't know that it was supposed to use UTF-8 when showing Larry's mail. When I pasted his mail into a UTF-8 document in Emacs, it looked fine.

Given that it's probably UTF-8 that Perl 6 source code is written in, I think that you and I might be better off using a smarter mailer.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 15726394