On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 09:21:45AM -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> (This is with parrot built from the subversion trunk, revision 16999)
> Here's a bit of PIR that demonstrates my problem:
>
>     .sub 'main' :main
>             load_bytecode 'dumper.pir'
>             .local ResizablePMCArray fields
>             split fields, ",", "hey,you"

AFAIK, symbols like fields can't be typed beyond int, num, string, or
pmc.  So the ".local" statement above should read:

    .local pmc fields

The 'split' opcode always returns a ResizableStringArray.
It might be easier to think of it as

    fields = split ",", "hey,you"

(You can actually write it this way -- it's the same thing.)

So, when the BigInt is unshifted into the ResizableStringArray,
it's morphed into a string.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Pm