Simon --

> > I'd still like to check in an updated queens.pasm, although, I'd be
> > happy to wait while this problem is fixed since there aren't other
> > tests of the rotate op.
>
> I think Jako is confused about what 'rotate' rotates - we now have a
> control stack and a generic stack. 'save', 'restore', 'rotate' all deal
> with the generic stack, not the control stack. So I think we can nail
> this one up to Jako being slightly out-of-date with respect to the
> main stacks design. Not a showstopper.

Well, jakoc doesn't generate code with rotate ops in it anymore. It
used to back when examples/assembly/queens.pasm was generated. At the
time, I was really pushing the envelope wrt subroutine calling
conventions and such. At one point I implemented a swap op, which Dan
had me replace with rotate. At that time return addresses and data
were all on the same stack, IIRC.

I'll overlay queens.pasm with a newly generated one.

Regards,

-- Gregor
/            Inspiration >> Innovation >> Excellence (TM)             \

   Gregor N. Purdy                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Focus Research, Inc.                http://www.focusresearch.com/
   8080 Beckett Center Drive #203                   513-860-3570 vox
   West Chester, OH 45069                           513-860-3579 fax