Vladimir Lipskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[ my first answer seems to be missing ]

> From: "Leopold Toetsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: TWEAKS: Takers Wanted - Effort And Knowledge Sought

>> Platform code
>> -------------
>>We need some functions to deal with paths and files like File::Spec.
>>For loading include files or runtime extension some search path should
>>be available to locate these files (a la "use lib LIST;").
>>For now runtime/parrot/{include,dynext} and the current working
>>directory would be sufficient.

> I ain't 100% sure what Leo wanted there and afraid that my patch is out of
> place.  Though it presets rudimentary support for the Parrot File::Spec-like
> functions which are as follows: curdir, catdir, catfile.

Albeit File::Spec is using catfile and catdir, I don't like the function
names ("cat file" is on *nix what "type file" is on Win*). Maybe
concat_pathname and concat_filename is better.

> I should warn you the patch is a lack of any documentation. Examples of
> usage can be found in file_spec.t. Nevetheless does it need writing some
> documentation on for non-perl folks and if it does where should I put it in?
> The docs directory?

docs/dev is the place for documents about internal functionality and
design decisions.

WRT the patch - please can people having experience with different
platforms have a look at it, if the functionality would be able to cope
with all platform weirdness.

>=3Dhead1 NAME

[ can you switch your mailer to plain text, thanks ]
[ WRT diff: make a copy of your original tree, do modifications there
and then "cd ..; diff -urN parrot parrot-modified" ]

Thanks,
leo